This is an excellent, quick Party/Camping/Swimming appetizer! The original recipe I have is from my Aunt Pat, but after trying it with 1 packet of the dressing mix, I decided it needed a second one for more saltiness. I suggest trying it with 2, then if it is too salty for your taste, next batch try 1 1/2 packets.
1 box of Saltine Crackers (4 packages)
1 1/3 cup Canola Oil (better flavor than other oils)
2 Packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
6 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Place Crackers in a container with a tight lid, all standing up. Stir together Canola Oil, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Red Pepper Flakes. Pour over all the crackers and leave for 15 minutes. Give a gentle shake and turn over container and let stand for another 15 minutes. Repeat this two more times, for a total of one hour. Then they're ready to enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment