Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Parmesan Ragu Cubed Steak


So, I've been working on this recipe for about a year now. Different flavors, but I finally believe I've got a winner. Cubed Steak is a great way to get your 'red meat' in, while not spending too much on 'steak'. While it is a cheaper cut, it can be a tougher meat, especially when baking with it. Which has lead me to add the ingredient of sausage to this one. It provides the extra juices and flavors that make this a mouth-watering meat dish.


4 Cubed Steaks
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (whichever is your favorite flavor)
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage, in a tube
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a large casserole dish, place the Cubed Steaks evenly. Pull Sausage apart in small chunks and evenly distribute over each steak. Pour the Spaghetti Sauce over the dish. Sprinkle large amounts of the Parmesan Cheese over each steak. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve as a side, rice or pasta, spooning the baked sauce on top.

No comments: